Friday, June 21, 2013

Thoughtful Thursdays: Computers as Teachers??



Thoughtful Thursdays will consist of my musings and ramblings about life, kids, education, etc. I had all these  ideas running threw my head to share with you today, but being that I am 37 weeks pregnant and it is after midnight and I just finished prepping for Shabbat meals, I will take the easy way out. 
I will share with you someone else's thoughts on children and education, Sugata Mitra. Sugata Mitra is  is best known for his "Hole in the Wall" experiment, and widely cited in works on literacy and education.  He is also the winner of the TED Prize in 2013.
Photo SourceHere is his interesting piece on how the educational system as we know it today is completely outdated in our fast paced technological era: http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2013/jun/15/schools-teaching-curriculum-education-google

Here is a link to his TED video explaining his Hole in the Wall Project. He demonstrated that groups of children, irrespective of who or where they are, could be taught by computers very easily without any formal training.

 I would love to know your thoughts.
Is our to be obsolete in our future?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

better share