Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Chika Chika Boom Boom Activities

Chicka Chicka boom Boom is probably the most read book in our home right now. 
The rhythm is catchy and the story line humorous. 

I was inspired by I Heart Crafty Things to create this fun interactive activity to go along with the book.

 I first used parchment paper to trace an outline of the coconut tree.
Then I traced the parchment paper outline onto green construction paper and cut the tree top out. 
 To complete the tree, I stuck the tree top and trunk onto a cookie sheet using double sided tape.
Get your magnetic letters ready and have your child follow the letters in the book as they climb up the tree.
(I couldn't find lower case letters to match the book, so I just used the upper case letters I had on hand).
We also made the edible coconut tree as seen on I Heart Crafty Things

For fans of Chicka Chicka 123, the above craft can be easily adjusted

Just replace the coconuts with apples, get some cute magnetic numbers and you're all set!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

better share