Many of this week's parasha's central themes like Hachnasat Orchim (showing hospitality to the stranger) and Avraham's travels were in last week's parasha as well. We focused on those concepts last week and you can find many related activities on my Parashat Lech Lecha post.
Here are some new ideas for Parshat Vayera.
Guest Catching- (Idea taken directly from Parasha Activities)
Activity: Everyone grabs part of a sheet, so it’s suspended in the middle. Explain that this is Avraham’s tent, and any guest that comes by must be brought into the tent. Throw the balloons into the air one at a time, while the kids run around with the sheet and catch them all. Make sure as each guest comes in, the old ones don’t fall out!
1. Draw or print a picture of a women on cardboard.
2. Pour salt into several small containers and color them with food coloring
3. Keep spreading thin layers of glue with paintbrush over small areas of the picture and sprinkle your desired color of salt. Shake off any extra salt.
4. Repeat until picture is complete and let dry.
5. If needed, use tempera or acrylic paint to define outlines.