Credit for this activity goes to Growing a Jeweled Rose:
A black light might just be the best $16 I ever spent. We got ours from here.
We started off by making some glow in the dark water (must have UV light to get the glow going).
1. Take a sharp knife and start sawing at a highlighter
2. the casing will easily break open
3. take out the highlighter ink and soak it in up to 6 cups of water
We started off with a glow in the dark volcano:
Baking soda in cup and pour vinegar + glow water mixture over it
Then we made some flubber using our glow water as well:
Here is the recipe we used for flubber:
Borax 1 tsp
Water 1 cup
Glow water 1/2 cup
Elmers glue 1/2 cup (4 oz container)
1. Add 1 teaspoon of borax to 1 cup of warm water
2. Add 1/2 cup of glue (4 oz container) to a 1 cup measuring cup and rinse glue container with warm water to remove all of the glue. The total amount of liquid water and glue should total 1 cup. Pour contents into a glass bowl and mix well with a whisk.
4. Pour the Borax solution into the glass bowl of glue mix.
5. Mix with your hands for a moment, the goo should form almost instantly and pour out the small amount of extra water.
Describing texture of flubber